Friday

Homemade Granola Bars

So I've been wanting granola bars lately and they are seriously so expensive, and I remember reading a recipe by Rachael Ray for no bake Granola Bars. I found the recipe and thought I'd share it with you - so easy, and so cheap. I made 2 batches, wrapped them individually in foil and froze the rest. What a perfect breakfast on the go or a healthy afternoon snack for me and the kids, you have to try these!


No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars
Courtesy of Rachael Ray


4 TBS unsalted butter
1/2 C packed light brown sugar
1/4 C honey
2 C granola
1 C rice cereal
1/2 C raisin (although any dried fruit would work!)
1/2 C thin pretzel sticks
1/2 C chocolate chips (I used leftover Valentine's Day chocolate that I froze and chopped into small chunks)


In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar with the honey and butter. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes. Remove pan from the heat.


Add the granola, rice cereal, raisins and pretzels to the saucepan and fold the ingredients to evenly coat the sauce. Transfer the granola mixture to a 9-by-13-inch ungreased baking pan and press firmly to evenly fill. Gently press the chocolate chips onto the top of the granola. Let the mixture set in the refrigerator until firm, about 15 minutes, then cut into 2 1/4-by-3-inch bars.

Makes approx. 16 bars :)

Here's a link to the actual recipe with the picture I used above, No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars

No comments:

ShareThis Post with Friends!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin