Thursday

Baking Soda in the Kitchen

Here are places and ways I use Baking Soda in my Kitchen as I clean! I hope you get inspired to use it more, it's a powerful natural tool that is so safe around the kids or pets.
  • When I'm washing dishes I add 2 - 3 TBLS of Baking Soda (BkSd) to the soapy water. It helps cut any grease and food left on the dishes.

  • When using my dishwasher, I sprinkle a handful of BkSd on my dishes or in the bottom of my dishwasher to absorb food odors.

  • When my trash can is smelly but the bag isn't full, one way to get rid of the odor is to sprinkle BkSd in the garbage between layers as they accumulate.

  • I also wash out my garbage can with water and BkSd about once a month.

  • BkSd can help in handling minor grease or electric fires. When fire breaks out you can throw handfuls of Baking Soda at the base of the flames to help put the fire out. Then, to be on the safe side, call the Fire Department!

  • I keep a box of BkSd in my fridge and freezer to help keep my food tasting fresh. I replace my boxes every other month.

  • When my floors are exceptionally dirty, I use 1/2 cup Baking Soda in a bucket of warm water and wash as usual.

No comments:

ShareThis Post with Friends!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin