Here are two recipes I just tried, I like the first one better, it uses Cream of Tarter and I like the consistency of it. The second one I tried because I ran out of Cream of Tarter, plus I wanted to compare the two. Both work great and my kids are going to have fun, but the first recipe feels more like store-bought, I hope you get a chance to try it, your kids will love you!
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
1 pkg of Kool-Aid (any flavor)
Mix flour, salt, tartar, Kool-Aid and oil, and slowly add the water. Cook over medium heat, stirring until dough becomes stiff. Turn out onto wax paper and let cool. Knead the playdough with your hands until of proper consistency. Use as is, or divide into balls and add a few drops of food coloring.
* 1 cup salt
* 1 cup water
* 1/2 cup flour plus additional flour
* Kool-Aid (any flavor) and food coloring
- Mix salt, water, Kool-Aid and flour in saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- Add a few drops of food coloring.
- Remove from heat when mixture is thick and rubbery.
- As the mixture cools, knead in enough flour to make the dough workable.