Friday

Homemade Playdough

I love play dough almost as much as my toddler does! It's so easy to make from scratch, and the best thing about homemade play dough is that it can be all one color if you prefer.

Here are two recipes I just tried, I like the first one better, it uses Cream of Tarter and I like the consistency of it. The second one I tried because I ran out of Cream of Tarter, plus I wanted to compare the two. Both work great and my kids are going to have fun, but the first recipe feels more like store-bought, I hope you get a chance to try it, your kids will love you!


Nature's Playdough

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons cream of tartar
1 pkg of Kool-Aid (any flavor)
Food coloring

Mix flour, salt, tartar, Kool-Aid and oil, and slowly add the water. Cook over medium heat, stirring until dough becomes stiff. Turn out onto wax paper and let cool. Knead the playdough with your hands until of proper consistency. Use as is, or divide into balls and add a few drops of food coloring.


Salt Playdough

Materials

* 1 cup salt
* 1 cup water
* 1/2 cup flour plus additional flour
* Kool-Aid (any flavor) and food coloring

Directions
  1. Mix salt, water, Kool-Aid and flour in saucepan and cook over medium heat.
  2. Add a few drops of food coloring.
  3. Remove from heat when mixture is thick and rubbery.
  4. As the mixture cools, knead in enough flour to make the dough workable.

No comments:

ShareThis Post with Friends!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin