Wednesday

Don't Cry

Here's a fancy trick that will make you cry! 

Next time you buy a bag of onions, go ahead and dice them all up at once.  I like to use my food chopper it's quicker in the long run.  After all onions are diced, I bag them in 1 cup measurements.

Label and date the bag with a permanent marker and store in your freezer.

It took me about 15 minutes to do 8 onions.  I now have 6+ cups of diced and frozen onions, ready for me the next time I need to cook.

Frozen onions can be placed directly in a hot pan, no need to defrost first.

1 comment:

Bitterroot Mama said...

Very smart. I was so proud of myself for drying my onions from the garden. Maybe I should be storing them by freezing them since I don't go through them very quickly. Love the picture and title!

ShareThis Post with Friends!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin