Tuesday

Super Easy Laundry Powder Recipe

I've been out of laundry soap this week and wanted to find a different recipe. My original Laundry Soap Recipe wasn't too complicated, but I found it to be clumpy (very normal by the way).

So I thought this time around I'd try a powder and boy do I love this! Most of the ingredients can be purchased at Smart & Final, all except the Washing Soda.

Washing Soda by Arm & Hammer is a highly alkaline chemical compound which can be used to remove stubborn stains from laundry. It is NOT to be confused with Baking Soda.

Many stores carry Washing Soda, typically with other laundry products. I find mine at Albertson's (or Kroger if you're not in CA). You can also call 1-800-524-1328 and give them the UPC code 33200-03020. The service will ask for your zip code and then tell you places in your area that sell Washing Soda.

Anyways, on to the recipe. It's very simple, the hardest part is grating up the bar of soap - but even that's not really that hard!

Powder Laundry Soap
(courtesy of tipnut.com)

12 cups Borax
8 cups Baking Soda

8 cups Washing Soda

8 cups Bar soap (grated)
This came out to two bars of soap, I use Ivory.
  • Mix all ingredients well and store in a sealed tub.
  • Use 1/8 cup of powder per full load.

Believe me, this recipe is so easy and it makes a TON! I hope you have the chance to make it. I took some pics while making it, I can post them tonight!



Friendly Frugal Reminder:
Make time to save money.
It's worth it!

No comments:

ShareThis Post with Friends!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin