Tuesday

No Spending...Can you do it?

A No Spending Challenge:

So here's something I heard on the radio as a way to save money and it actually sounds like a challenge to me.

Spend NO MONEY for two straight days. This includes gas and groceries - nothing. No spending. For many of us that may mean staying home (granted you do not work a 9 - 5 job); Or if you have kids and need to get out, possibly go to the park or the pool where you are removed from the temptation to spend.

I challenge you to try it. I was able to do for one day, but I had an appointment for the next day and had to pay a sitter. So I'm going to do it again in a few days.

Once you get good at two days a week of no spending, gradually increase it to three. The goal would be to get to a week and do that every other month if possible. Think of all the savings!

If you stop and think about it, most of us spend some amount of money every day, whether it's a coffee, snacks for the kids, gas, groceries, etc.- Our society is wired that way.

That's my new frugal goal:
Go two days a week spending ZERO dollars.  
If you try it please share your thoughts, tips, challenges and feedback with the rest of us!

No comments:

ShareThis Post with Friends!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin