Monday

Homemade Taco Seasoning

A wonderful friend from many years ago sent me this, it's her own version of Taco Seasoning and I can't wait to try it. Thanks again Danelle!

Here's her e-mail:


My family eats tacos probably once a week, so I usually measure out 4 or 5 "packets" of this all at once and keep it in my spice cupboard so it's all ready to go. I really like it because it's not as salty as the packet from the store, but tastes so fresh!

The following measurements are for 2 lbs of meat (I've used it with beef and turkey and chicken...all good!) Just divide in half for 1 lb. of meat.


2 tsp dried minced onion
3 tsp chili powder
1 tsp each oregano leaves & paprika
1/2 tsp ea. dried rosemary, ground cumin & black pepper
1 clove minced garlic
3 Tbs taco sauce (I've used leftover packets from Taco Bell before, too)
4 tsp Worcestershire sauce (I've used steak sauce in a pinch)

Brown meat along with all seasonings and garlic. After meat is cooked through, drain off any fat and return to low heat, add taco sauce and Worcestershire sauce, cook until hot. Ready to go!

No comments:

ShareThis Post with Friends!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin